Call for Deputy Editor
The American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM (AJOG MFM) is accepting applications for an additional Deputy Editor.
Published monthly, AJOG MFM is sister journal to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and receives approximately 700 submissions per year. The Journal is indexed by Clarivate, Scopus, and PubMed.
Deputy Editors are responsible for overseeing the review of manuscripts, including communicating with authors, and work with the other Editors and Editor-in-Chief to develop and implement Journal strategies.
The successful candidate would:
- Be a practicing physician and/or researcher with an academic affiliation in the area of pregnancy and its complications.
- Have a strong interest and experience in the clinical, research and practice aspects of obstetrics
- Be an active reviewer.
- Have the ability to recognize and encourage publication of good science.
- Have good administration skills, especially with respect to delegation of responsibilities.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership ability that reinforce the collegial atmosphere within the scientific community.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a letter of interest to the Publisher, Andrea Boccelli [email protected]. In your letter, please describe:
- The reasons for your interest in being a Deputy Editor of AJOG MFM
- An account of your reviewer experience (how many, for which journals), any editorial experience and any other qualifications you have that would be applicable and make yours an outstanding application
- Areas of expertise/research interest
- How your input would benefit the existing AJOG MFM team (e.g. ideas for improvements, diversity and equity strengths, etc)
Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, November 15, 2022