Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- The global prevalence of postpartum psychosis: a systematic review.BMC Psychiatry. 2017; 17: 272
- Incidence of hospitalization for postpartum psychotic and bipolar episodes in women with and without prior prepregnancy or prenatal psychiatric hospitalizations.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2007; 64: 42-48
- Familiality of the puerperal trigger in bipolar disorder: results of a family study.Am J Psychiatry. 2001; 158: 913-917
- Towards an immunophenotype of schizophrenia: progress, potential mechanisms, and future directions.Neuropsychopharmacology. 2017; 42: 299-317
- Perinatal mental illness and autoimmune diseases: a qualitative sistematic review.Minerva Obstet Gynecol. 2022; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Delivery hospitalizations with substance use disorder diagnoses.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 227: 100-102
- Trends in and complications associated with mental health condition diagnoses during delivery hospitalizations.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226 (e1–16): 405
- Increasing prevalence of antinuclear antibodies in the United States.Arthritis Rheumatol. 2020; 72: 1026-1035
- Introduction to the HCUP Nationwide Readmissions Database (NRD) 2010-2015.2017 (Available at:)Accessed July 1, 2019)
- Which clinical and patient factors influence the national economic burden of hospital readmissions after total joint arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 2926-2937
- Postpartum venous thromboembolism readmissions in the United States.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219 (e1–14): 401
- Postpartum length of stay and risk for readmission among women with preeclampsia.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 33: 1086-1094
- Risk for postpartum readmissions and associated complications based on maternal age.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; 34: 1375-1381
- Postpartum hemorrhage and risk for postpartum readmission.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; 34: 187-194
- Overview of the nationwide readmissions database.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2022 (Available at:)Accessed September 8, 2022)
- An enhanced method for identifying obstetric deliveries: implications for estimating maternal morbidity.Matern Child Health J. 2008; 12: 469-477
- Identification of delivery encounters using International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, diagnosis and procedure codes.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 136: 765-767
- Joinpoint trend analysis software.2020 (Available at:)Accessed June 30, 2022)
- Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices-United States, 2018-19 influenza season.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2018; 67: 1-20
- Burden of environmental adversity associated with psychopathology, maturation, and brain behavior parameters in youths.JAMA Psychiatry. 2019; 76: 966-975
- Individual-level and area-level socioeconomic status (SES) and schizophrenia: cross-sectional analyses using the evidence from 1.9 million Chinese adults.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e026532
- Systematic review of discharge coding accuracy.J Public Health (Oxf). 2012; 34: 138-148
M.E.D.A had a senior leadership role in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists II Safe Motherhood Initiative, which received unrestricted funding from Merck for Mothers. T.W. serves as a consultant on the medical advisory board for Delfina Care, Inc. The other authors report no conflict of interest.
Given that this study involved a deidentified and publicly available dataset, the institutional review board review by both Columbia University and the University of California, San Francisco, deemed this exempt from review.
Cite this article as: Albers SM, Wen T, Monk C, et al. Postpartum psychosis during delivery hospitalizations and postpartum readmissions, 2016–2019. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2023;XX:x.ex–x.ex.