Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Walk Free, International Organization for Migration. Global estimates of modern slavery: forced labour and forced marriage.2022 (Available at Accessed October 18, 2022)
- 2017 Report on U.S. government efforts to combat trafficking in persons.US Department of State, 2017 (Available at)Accessed May 1, 2022)
Lee S. Crime victim awareness and assistance through the decades. National Institute of Justice. 2019. Available at:https://nij.ojp. gov/topics/articles/crime-victim-awareness-and-assistance-through-decades. Accessed May 1, 2022.
International Labor Organization. A global alliance against forced labour. 2005. Available at: https://www.ilo.org/public/english/standards/relm/ilc/ilc93/pdf/rep-i-b.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2022.
- The health consequences of sex trafficking and their implications for identifying victims in healthcare facilities.Ann Health Law. 2014; 23: 61
- Human trafficking ACOG Committee Opinion Summary Number 787.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 134: 662-663
- ACOG Committee Opinion No. 518: intimate partner violence.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 412-417
- Human trafficking is a public health issue: a paradigm expansion in the United States.Springer Cham, Berlin, Germany2017
- Interventions designed to reduce implicit prejudices and implicit stereotypes in real world contexts: a systematic review.BMC Psychol. 2019; 7: 29
International Organization for Migration. The Counter Trafficking Data Collaborative: global data hub on human trafficking. Available at: https://www.ctdatacollaborative.org. Accessed March 1, 2022.
Bessel S. Fact sheet: human trafficking and domestic violence. The Human Trafficking Legal Center. 2018. Available at: https://htlegalcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/Human-Trafficking-and-Domestic-Violence-Fact-Sheet.pdf. Accessed July 1, 2022.
- When Her Visa Expired, the Family Refused to Renew It,” intersections of human trafficking and domestic violence: qualitative document analysis of case examples from a major Midwest City.J Interpers Violence. 2022; 37: NP4133-NP4159
- Human trafficking: the role of the health care provider.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2010; 55: 462-467
- Experiences of pregnancy and maternity care for women exposed to human trafficking and sexual exploitation: a systematic review and qualitative evidence synthesis.Evid Based Midwif. 2020; 18: 6-16
- Human trafficking. A health care perspective.AWHONN Lifelines. 2004; 8: 314-321
Chico LC, Pagila A. Assisting survivors of human trafficking: multicultural case studies. Human Trafficking Search. 2017. Available at: https://humantraffickingsearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/HTS-Assisting-Survivors-1.pdf. Accessed February 28, 2022.
CommonSpirit Health, HEAL Trafficking, Pacific Survivor Center. PEARR tool: trauma-informed approach to victim assistance in health care settings. 2021. Available at: https://healtrafficking.org/resources/pearr-tool/. Accessed February 28, 2022.
- Human trafficking: guidebook on identification, assessment, and response in the health care setting.Massachusetts General Hospital and Massachusetts Medical Society, 2014 (Available at)https://www.massmed.org/Patient-Care/Health-Topics/Violence-Intervention-and-Prevention/Human-Trafficking-(pdf)/(Accessed May 1, 2022)
HEAL Trafficking. HEAL trafficking and hope for Justice's protocol toolkit. 2017. Available at: https://healtrafficking.org/2017/06/protocol-toolkit/. Accessed February 28, 2022.
HEAL Trafficking. Patient resources. Available at: https://healtrafficking.org/patient-resources/. Accessed February 28, 2022.
The authors report no conflict of interest.