- •Cold soda water resulted in significantly higher glycaemia level at 1 h after glucose intake compared with the same soda water at room temperature.
- •Cold glucose solution received favorable taste scores from pregnant women and reduced their nausea.
- •Addition of a tea bag to cold glucose solution resulted in slightly better taste and less nausea without affecting GDM incidence.
Main outcome measures
Abbreviations:GDM (gestational diabetes mellitus), OGTT (oral glucose-tolerance test), IRB (institutional review board)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
Publication stageIn Press Accepted Manuscript
Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest to report.
Funding: This study was financially supported by the Ditmanson Medical Foundation Chia-Yi Christian Hospital (grant R110-52).
Clinical trial registration: NCT05508425
Presentation: Not applicable
Disclaimer: Not applicable.
Acknowledgements: Not applicable.