Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Growth discrepancy in twins in the first trimester of pregnancy.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 26: 512-516
- Determination of gestational age in twin pregnancy: which fetal crown-rump length should be used?.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2013; 39: 761-765
- Establishing the most accurate due date in dichorionic twin gestations by first and second trimester ultrasound.J Ultrasound Med. 2021; 40: 2319-2327
- Methods for estimating the due date. Committee Opinion No. 700.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: e150-e154
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ Committee on Practice Bulletins—Obstetrics, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Multifetal gestations: twin, triplet, and higher-order multifetal pregnancies: ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 231.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 137: e145-e162
- ISUOG Practice Guidelines: role of ultrasound in twin pregnancy.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 47: 247-263
- Multiple pregnancy: the management of twin and triplet pregnancies in the antenatal period.RCOG Press, London, United Kingdom2011
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Consult Series #52: diagnosis and management of fetal growth restriction: (Replaces Clinical Guideline Number 3, April 2012).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: B2-17
- Term small-for-gestational-age infants from low-risk women are at significantly greater risk of adverse neonatal outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218 (525.e1–9)
- Fetal crown-rump length: reevaluation of relation to menstrual age (5-18 weeks) with high-resolution real-time US.Radiology. 1992; 182: 501-505
- First-trimester screening in pregnancies conceived by assisted reproductive technology: significance of gestational dating by oocyte retrieval or sonographic measurement of crown-rump length.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 32: 612-617
- Gestational age in pregnancies conceived after in vitro fertilization: a comparison between age assessed from oocyte retrieval, crown-rump length and biparietal diameter.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 15: 41-46
- The impact of assisted reproductive technology on prenatally diagnosed fetal growth restriction in dichorionic twin pregnancies.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0231028
- Preterm birth and low birth weight among in vitro fertilization singletons: a systematic review and meta-analyses.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009; 146: 138-148
- Gestational age in pregnancies after in vitro fertilization: comparison between ultrasound measurement and actual age.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 1998; 12: 170-174
- Global, regional, and national prevalence and disability-adjusted life-years for infertility in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: results from a global burden of disease study, 2017.Aging (Albany NY). 2019; 11: 10952-10991
- Disparities in access to fertility care: who's in and who's out.F S Rep. 2021; 2: 109-117
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The views expressed in this manuscript reflect the results of research conducted by the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, the Department of the Navy, the Department of the Air Force, the Department of Defense, or the US government.
T.H.D., S.K.S., M.A.S., and A.S.T. are military service members. This work was prepared as part of their official duties. Title 17 U.S.C. 105 provides that “[c]opyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the [US] [g]overnment.” Title 17 U.S.C. 101 defines a US government work as a work prepared by a military service member or employee of the US government as part of that person's official duties.
The study protocol was approved by the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and Naval Medical Center San Diego Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) in compliance with all applicable Federal regulations governing the protection of human subjects.
Research data were derived from an approved Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA, IRB, protocol.
This study received no external funding.
Cite this article as: DeYoung TH, Stortz SK, Riffenburgh RH, et al. Is bigger better? A comparison of growth restriction rates using the due date derived from the smaller vs larger twin crown-rump length. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2023;XX:x.ex–x.ex.