Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 188: prelabor rupture of membranes.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: e1-14
- Premature rupture of the fetal membranes. A review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1970; 106: 469-483
- Planned early birth versus expectant management (waiting) for prelabour rupture of membranes at term (37 weeks or more).Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 1CD005302
- Clinical Practice Obstetrics Committee, Special Contributors. Induction of labour.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013; 35: 840-857
- Role of the cervix in the induction of labor.Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 59: 21-26
- A randomized trial of Foley Bulb for Labor Induction in Premature Rupture of Membranes in Nulliparas (FLIP).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217 (360.e1–7)
- Foley plus oxytocin compared with oxytocin for induction after membrane rupture: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 4-11
- Foley catheter or oral misoprostol for induction of labor in women with term premature rupture of membranes: a randomized multicenter trial.Am J Perinatol. 2016; 33: 866-872
- Intracervical balloon catheter for labor induction after rupture of membranes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 224: 624-628
- Low-dose oral misoprostol for induction of labour.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2021; 6CD014484
- Foley catheter versus vaginal prostaglandin E2 gel for induction of labour at term (PROBAAT trial): an open-label, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 2095-2103
- Term prelabor rupture of membranes: Foley catheter versus dinoprostone as ripening agent.J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. 2020; 49101834
- A randomised controlled trial of intravaginal dinoprostone, intravaginal misoprostol and transcervical balloon catheter for labour induction.BJOG. 2008; 115: 1443-1450
- Foley catheter vs prostaglandin as ripening agent in pregnant women with premature rupture of membranes.J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2014; 114: 686-692
- Labor induction in the patient with preterm premature rupture of membranes.Semin Perinatol. 2015; 39: 495-500
- Length of rupture of membranes in the setting of premature rupture of membranes at term and infectious maternal morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 700.e1-700.e5
- Division of Bacterial Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease–revised guidelines from CDC, 2010.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2010; 59: 1-36
- Planned early birth versus expectant management for women with preterm prelabour rupture of membranes prior to 37 weeks’ gestation for improving pregnancy outcome.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 3CD004735
- Induction of labour in nulliparous women with an unfavourable cervix: a randomised controlled trial comparing double and single balloon catheters and PGE2 gel.BJOG. 2009; 116: 1443-1452
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study received no funding.
The trial was registered with the Iranian Registry of Clinical Trials (identification number: IRCT20121224011862N4; https://www.irct.ir/search/result?query=IRCT20121224011862N4).
Cite this article as: Mokhtarpour S, Sahhaf F, Vahedi L, et al. Evaluation of mechanical and nonmechanical methods of cervix ripening in women with pre-labor rupture of membranes: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2023;XX:x.ex–x.ex.