Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization, 597 U.S. _____ (2022). Available at https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf. Accessed October 1. 2022.
Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973) Available at: https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/410/113/. Accessed October 1, 2022.
Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pa. v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833 (1992), Available at: https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/505/833/. Accessed October 1, 2022.
State bans on abortion throughout pregnancy. 2022. Available at:https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/state-policies-later-abortions. Guttmacher Institute. Accessed October 19, 2022.
Hoyert DL. Maternal mortality rates in the United States, 2020. Health E-Stats. National Center for Health Statistics. 2022. Available at:https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/maternal-mortality/2020/maternal-mortality-rates-2020.htm. Accessed October 1, 2022.
- Abortion laws reform may reduce maternal mortality: an ecological study in 162 countries.BMC Womens Health. 2019; 19: 1
National Network of Abortion Funds. Available at: https://abortionfunds.org/. Accessed October 1, 2022.
- Projected implications of overturning Roe v Wade on abortion training in U.S. obstetrics and gynecology residency programs.Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 140: 146-149
- American Medical Association membership woes continue.CMAJ. 2011; 183: E713-E714
- Voting behavior of physicians and healthcare professionals.J Gen Intern Med. 2021; 36: 1169-1171
T.M. serves as an Associate Member Representative on the Board of Directors of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Secretary for District V of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), on the Governing Council of the International Medical Graduates Section of the American Medical Association, the Governing Council of the Young Physician Section of the Ohio State Medical Association, and the Board of Directors of Preterm Cleveland. M.P. serves on the Board of Directors of ACOG as the Junior Fellow College Advisory Council Chair and on the Board of Directors of Preterm Cleveland. D.N.H. is the Chair of the Ohio Chapter of ACOG. None of the authors are speaking on behalf of their institutions or the various entities with which they have leadership and fiduciary relationships, but on their own behalf.
All the authors hold fiduciary and/or leadership positions with a variety of state and national medical societies.
The authors report no funding for this study.