Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Temporal trends in the birth rates and perinatal mortality of twins: a population-based study in China.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0209962
- Risk of preterm birth in a twin pregnancy after an early-term birth in the preceding singleton pregnancy: a retrospective cohort study.BJOG. 2020; 127: 591-598
- Cervical cerclage in twin pregnancy.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2019; 59: 89-97
- Transvaginal cervical length measurement at 22- to 26-week pregnancy in prediction of preterm births in twin pregnancies.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2017; 30: 729-732
- Cervical length at mid-gestation in screening for preterm birth in twin pregnancy.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 56-60
- The preterm prediction study: risk factors in twin gestations. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 1047-1053
- The effect of gestational age and cervical length measurements in the prediction of spontaneous preterm birth in twin pregnancies: an individual patient level meta-analysis.BJOG. 2016; 123: 877-884
- Multifetal gestations: twin, triplet, and higher-order multifetal pregnancies: ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 231.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 137: e145-e162
- Comparison of management options for twin pregnancies with cervical shortening.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2022; 35: 39-45
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No.142: Cerclage for the management of cervical insufficiency.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 372-379
- Cerclage use: a review of 3 national guidelines.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2017; 72: 235-241
- No. 373-cervical insufficiency and cervical cerclage.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2019; 41: 233-247
- Cerclage for women with twin pregnancies: a systematic review and metaanalysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220 (543–57.e1)
- Ultrasound-indicated cervical cerclage efficacy between 16 and 28 weeks of gestation in twin pregnancy: retrospective cohort study.Int J Gen Med. 2022; 15: 2377-2387
- The International Classification of Retinopathy of Prematurity revisited.Arch Ophthalmol. 2005; 123: 991-999
- Neonatal necrotizing enterocolitis. Therapeutic decisions based upon clinical staging.Ann Surg. 1978; 187: 1-7
- Incidence and evolution of subependymal and intraventricular hemorrhage: a study of infants with birth weights less than 1,500 gm.J Pediatr. 1978; 92: 529-534
- Cervical stitch (cerclage) for preventing pregnancy loss: individual patient data meta-analysis.BJOG. 2007; 114: 1460-1476
- Cervical stitch (cerclage) for preventing preterm birth in multiple pregnancy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; CD009166
- Cerclage for short cervix in twin pregnancies: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials using individual patient-level data.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2015; 94: 352-358
- Cervical cerclage versus vaginal progesterone for management of short cervix in low-risk women.Am J Perinatol. 2019; 36: 111-117
- Preterm birth prevention in twin pregnancies with progesterone, pessary, or cerclage: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BJOG. 2017; 124: 1163-1173
- The impact of cerclage in twin pregnancies on preterm birth rate before 32 weeks.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2019; 32: 2143-2151
- Cervical cerclage for preterm birth prevention in twin gestation with short cervix: a retrospective cohort study.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 752-756
- Efficacy of ultrasound-indicated cerclage in twin pregnancies.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212 (788.e1–6)
- Epidemiology and causes of preterm birth.Lancet. 2008; 371: 75-84
- Emergency cervical cerclage in twin and singleton pregnancies with 0-mm cervical length or prolapsed membranes.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2021; 100: 2003-2008
- Outcomes of ultrasound-indicated cerclage in twin pregnancies with a short cervical length.Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 59: 508-513
- Correlates of cervical Mycoplasma genitalium and risk of preterm birth among Peruvian women.Sex Transm Dis. 2010; 37: 81-85
- Vaginal ureaplasma parvum serovars and spontaneous preterm birth.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220 (594.e1–9)
- Association between preterm birth and vaginal colonization by mycoplasmas in early pregnancy.J Clin Microbiol. 2006; 44: 51-55
- The use of ultrasound-indicated cerclage or cervical pessary in asymptomatic twin pregnancies with a short cervix at midgestation.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2019; 98: 487-493
- Cervical cerclage in twin pregnancies: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2021; 260: 137-149
- Twin pregnancies treated with emergency or ultrasound-indicated cerclage to prevent preterm births.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 33: 3227-3232
- Perioperative use of cefazolin and indomethacin for physical examination-indicated cerclages to improve gestational latency.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 135: 1409-1416
L.Q., M.L., and C.C. contributed equally to this manuscript.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study was funded by the National Key Research and Development Program of China under grant number 2018YFC1004603. The sponsors or funders had no role in the study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.
Cite this article as: Qiu L, Lv M, Chen C, et al. Efficacy of ultrasound-indicated cerclage in twin pregnancies: a retrospective case-control study matched by cervical length. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2023;XX:x.ex–x.ex.