Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- DNA sequencing versus standard prenatal aneuploidy screening.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 799-808
- Theoretical performance of non-invasive prenatal testing for chromosome imbalances using counting of cell-free DNA fragments in maternal plasma.Prenat Diagn. 2014; 34: 778-783
- DNA sequencing of maternal plasma to detect Down syndrome: an international clinical validation study.Genet Med. 2011; 13: 913-920
- Noninvasive prenatal detection and selective analysis of cell-free DNA obtained from maternal blood: evaluation for trisomy 21 and trisomy 18.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 319.e1-319.e9
- The impact of maternal plasma DNA fetal fraction on next generation sequencing tests for common fetal aneuploidies.Prenat Diagn. 2013; 33: 667-674
- Secondary non-invasive prenatal screening for fetal trisomy: an effectiveness study in a public health setting.BJOG. 2021; 128: 440-446
- Analysis of cell-free DNA in maternal blood in screening for fetal aneuploidies: updated meta-analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 53: 734-742
- Fetal fraction in maternal plasma cell-free DNA at 11-13 weeks’ gestation: effect of maternal and fetal factors.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2012; 31: 237-243
- Gestational age and maternal weight effects on fetal cell-free DNA in maternal plasma.Prenat Diagn. 2013; 33: 662-666
- The association between anticoagulation therapy, maternal characteristics, and a failed cfDNA test due to a low fetal fraction.Prenat Diagn. 2017; 37: 1125-1129
- Autoimmune disorders but not heparin are associated with cell-free fetal DNA test failure.J Transl Med. 2018; 16: 335
- The influence of low molecular weight heparin medication on plasma DNA in pregnant women.Prenat Diagn. 2015; 35: 1155-1157
- Repeated failed non-invasive prenatal testing in a woman with immune thrombocytopenia and antiphospholipid syndrome: lessons learnt.BMJ Case Rep. 2016; 2016bcr2016216593
- Low-molecular-weight heparin associated with reduced fetal fraction and subsequent false-negative cell-free DNA test result for trisomy 21.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 51: 276-277
- Nonreportable rates and cell-free DNA profiles in noninvasive prenatal testing among women with heparin treatment.Prenat Diagn. 2020; 40: 838-845
- Trophoblastic oxidative stress and the release of cell-free feto-placental DNA.Am J Pathol. 2006; 169: 400-404
- Heparin and aspirin attenuate placental apoptosis in vitro: implications for early pregnancy failure.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 23-30
- Heparin prevents programmed cell death in human trophoblast.Mol Hum Reprod. 2006; 12: 237-243
- Low-dose aspirin for prevention of morbidity and mortality from preeclampsia: a systematic evidence review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 695-703
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Data from this manuscript was presented as an oral abstract at the 2019 American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, Nashville, TN, May 5, 2019.
Cite this article as: Nitsche JF, Lovell D, Stephens N, et al. The effects of heparin, aspirin, and maternal clinical factors on the rate of nonreportable cell-free DNA results: a retrospective cohort study. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.