Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- About teen pregnancy.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2021 (Available at:)Accessed May 23, 2022)
- Births to 10-14 year-old mothers, 1990-2002: trends and health outcomes.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2004; 53: 1-18
- Social determinants and eliminating disparities in teen pregnancy.2019 (Available at:)http://medbox.iiab.me/modules/en-cdc/www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/social-determinants-disparities-teen-pregnancy.htm(Accessed May 23, 2022)
- Care of adolescent parents and their children.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e1743-e1756
- Abuse during pregnancy: effects on maternal complications and birth weight in adult and teenage women.Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 84: 323-328
- Intimate partner violence and its implication for pregnancy.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 51: 385-397
- Teenage childbearing and long-term socioeconomic consequences: a case study in Sweden.Fam Plann Perspect. 2001; 33: 70-74
- Perinatal outcomes among women identified by a Community Health Needs Assessment.Am J Perinatol. 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])
Parkland health & hospital system, Dallas County health and human services. Community health needs assessment 2019 implementation plan. 2019. Available at:https://www.parklandhospital.-com/Uploads/Public/Documents/PDFs/Health-Dashboard/CHNA%202019.pdf. Accessed May 23, 2022.
- Decreased preterm births in an inner-city public hospital.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 578-584
- Geographic barriers to prenatal care access and their consequences.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2021; 3100442
- Maternal youth and pregnancy outcomes: middle school versus high school age groups compared with women beyond the teen years.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 171: 184-187
- Adolescent pregnancy, birth, and abortion rates across countries: levels and recent trends.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 56: 223-230
- Births: final data for 2019.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2021; 70: 1-51
- Deliveries among patients aged 11-19 years and risk for adverse pregnancy outcomes.Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 139: 989-1001
- Social determinants and teen pregnancy prevention: exploring the role of nontraditional partnerships.Health Promot Pract. 2018; 19: 23-30
Portions of this manuscript were presented at the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine 42nd Annual Pregnancy Meeting Poster Session III on February 4, 2022 scheduled to be in Orlando, Florida (abstract number 860).
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Ambia AM, Pruszynski JE, Fairchild E, et al. Perinatal outcomes of young adolescent pregnancies in an urban inner city. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.