Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System. 2021; (Accessed March 20)https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternal-mortality/pregnancy-mortality-surveillance-system.htm?CDC_AA_refVal=https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/pregnancy-mortality-surveillance-system.htm
- Overview of maternal mortality in the United States.Semin Perinatol. 2012; 36: 2-6
- Structural racism and health inequities in the USA: evidence and interventions.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1453-1463
- Reducing disparities in severe maternal morbidity and mortality.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 61: 387-399
- Implicit racial/ethnic bias among health care professionals and its influence on health care outcomes: a systematic review.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: e60-e76
- Severe Maternal Morbidity. 2021; (Accessed March 20)
- Severe maternal morbidity: screening and review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: B17-B22
- Severe maternal morbidity associated with hypertensive disorders in pregnancy in the United States.Hypertens Pregnancy. 2003; 22: 203-212
- Maternal hypertension and associated pregnancy complications among African-American and other women in the United States.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 557-563
Finger KR, Mabry-Hernandez I, Ngo-Metzger Q, et al. Delivery hospitalizations involving preeclampsia and eclampsia, 2005-2014: statistical brief #222. In: Health Care Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Briefs. https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb222-Preeclampsia-Eclampsia-Delivery-Trends.pdf. Accessed March 29, 2021.
- Secular trends in the rates of preeclampsia, eclampsia, and gestational hypertension, United States, 1987-2004.Am J Hypertens. 2008; 21: 521-526
- Hypertension in Pregnancy. Report of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ Task Force on Hypertension in Pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 1122-1131
- Committee Opinion no. 692: emergent therapy for acute-onset, severe hypertension during pregnancy and the postpartum period.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: e90-e95
- Severe maternal morbidity in a large cohort of women with acute severe intrapartum hypertension.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215 (92.e1-7)
- Timely treatment of severe maternal hypertension and reduction in severe maternal morbidity.Hypertens Pregnancy. 2018; 14: 55-58
- Practice bulletin no. 203: chronic hypertension in pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e26-e50
- Practice bulletin no. 202: gestational hypertension and preeclampsia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e1-e25
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. How does CDC identify severe maternal morbidity? https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/smm/severe-morbidity-ICD.htm. Accessed March 20, 2021.
- Estimating risk ratios and risk differences using regression.Am J Epidemiol. 2020; 189: 508-510
- The adequacy of prenatal care utilization index: its US distribution and associated with low birthweight.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1486-1489
- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy, Cesarean Delivery, and Severe Maternal Morbidity in an Urban Safety-Net Population.Am J Epidemiol. 2020; 189: 1502-1511
- Trends and Disparities in Delivery Hospitalizations Involving Severe Maternal Morbidity, 2006-2015: statistical brief #243.Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Statistical Briefs. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2018Accessed April 3, 2021)
Counsel on Patient Safety in Women's Health Care. Severe Hypertension in Pregnancy Bundle. Available at: https://saferbirth.org/psbs/severe-hypertension-in-pregnancy/. Accessed October 21, 2022.
- Semiautonomous Treatment Algorithm for the Management of Severe Hypertension in Pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 137: 211-217
- Impact of Nurse Driven EMR Pathway for treatment of Severe Hypertension in Pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 135
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Special Statement: A quality metric for evaluating timely treatment of severe hypertension.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: B2-B9
- Impact of the ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM transition on the incidence of severe maternal morbidity among delivery hospitalizations in the United States.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 225 (422.e1-422.e11)