STUDY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Cardiovascular events following pregnancy complicated by pre-eclampsia with emphasis on comparison between early- and late-onset forms: systematic review and meta-analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 57: 698-709
- Screening for fetal growth restriction and placental insufficiency.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018; 23: 119-125
- Combining biomarkers to predict pregnancy complications and redefine preeclampsia: the angiogenic-placental syndrome.Hypertension. 2020; 75: 918-926
- Guidelines-similarities and dissimilarities: a systematic review of international clinical practice guidelines for pregnancy hypertension.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: S1222-S1236
- Aspirin prophylaxis during pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2021; 61: e31-e45
- Low-dose aspirin for the prevention of preterm delivery in nulliparous women with a singleton pregnancy (ASPIRIN): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2020; 395: 285-293
- Clinical risk factors for pre-eclampsia determined in early pregnancy: systematic review and meta-analysis of large cohort studies.BMJ. 2016; 353: i1753
- Cardiovascular considerations in caring for pregnant patients: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020; 141: e884-e903
- Gestational hypertension and preeclampsia: ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 222.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 135: e237-e260
- Aspirin and prevention of preeclampsia. Position statement of the use of low-dose aspirin in pregnancy by the Australasian Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 1995; 35: 38-41
- VTE, thrombophilia, antithrombotic therapy, and pregnancy: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.Chest. 2012; 141 (e691S–736S)
- The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) initiative on pre-eclampsia: a pragmatic guide for first-trimester screening and prevention.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019; 145: 1-33
- Aspirin use to prevent preeclampsia and related morbidity and mortality: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.JAMA. 2021; 326: 1186-1191
- SOMANZ guidelines for the management of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy 2014.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2015; 55: e1-29
- Diagnosis and management of hypertension in pregnancy: summary of updated NICE guidance.BMJ. 2019; 366: l5119
- 2018 ESC Guidelines for the management of cardiovascular diseases during pregnancy.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 3165-3241
- How to write a Cochrane systematic review.Nephrology (Carlton). 2010; 15: 617-624
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination. Systematic reviews: CRD's guidance for undertaking reviews in health care. 2009. Available at: https://www.york.ac.uk/media/crd/Systematic_Reviews.pdf. Accessed December 3, 2016.
- Extending the PRISMA statement to equity-focused systematic reviews (PRISMA-E 2012): explanation and elaboration.J Clin Epidemiol. 2016; 70: 68-89
- Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses: the PRISMA statement.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 264-269
- PRISMA harms checklist: improving harms reporting in systematic reviews.BMJ. 2016; 352: i157
- Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: a proposal for reporting. Meta-analysis Of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (MOOSE) group.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2008-2012
Wells GA, Shea B, O'Connell D, et al. Newcastle-Ottawa Scale for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta- analyses. Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. 2011. Available at: http://www.ohri.ca/programs/clinical_epidemiology/oxford.asp. Accessed 2011.
- Much ado about nothing: a comparison of the performance of meta-analytical methods with rare events.Stat Med. 2007; 26: 53-77
Higgins JPT, Green S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. The Cochrane Collaboration. 2011. Available at: www.cochrane-handbook.org. Accessed 2011.
- Recommendations for examining and interpreting funnel plot asymmetry in meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d4002
- Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test.BMJ. 1997; 315: 629-634
- Aspirin responsiveness at a dose of 80 mg and its impact on birth weight when used in twin pregnancies: the GAP Pilot Randomized Trial.Am J Perinatol. 2022; 39: 1396-1400
- Low-dose aspirin for primary prevention of adverse pregnancy outcomes in twin pregnancies: an observational cohort study based on propensity score matching.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2021; 21: 786
- The role of aspirin in prevention of preeclampsia in twin pregnancies: does the dose matter?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223: 457-458
- Low-dose aspirin for pre-eclampsia prevention in twins with elevated human chorionic gonadotropin.J Perinatol. 2016; 36: 601-605
- A randomised trial of low dose aspirin for primiparae in pregnancy. The Jamaica low dose aspirin study group.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1998; 105: 293-299
- Low-dose aspirin to prevent preeclampsia in women at high risk. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Network of Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 701-705
- Prevention of pregnancy-induced hypertension in twins by early administration of low-dose aspirin: a preliminary report.Am J Reprod Immunol. 1994; 31: 19-24
- Prevention of preeclampsia with low-dose aspirin in healthy, nulliparous pregnant women. The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Network of Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1213-1218
- Low-dose aspirin and hypertension in pregnancy.Lancet. 1993; 341: 312
- The role of aspirin dose on the prevention of preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction: systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216 (110–20.e6)
- Use of uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography to predict pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review and bivariable meta-analysis.CMAJ. 2008; 178: 701-711
- Maternal cardiovascular disease after twin pregnancies complicated by hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: a population-based cohort study.CMAJ. 2021; 193: E1448-E1458
- Aspirin use during pregnancy and the risk of bleeding complications: a Swedish population-based cohort study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 224 (95.e1–12)
The authors report no conflict of interest.
No funding was obtained for this systematic review.