Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Treatment of peripartum bipolar disorder.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2018; 45: 403-417
- Lifetime prevalence of mental disorders in U.S. adolescents: results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication–Adolescent Supplement (NCS-A).J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010; 49: 980-989
- Gender and depressive symptoms in 711 patients with bipolar disorder evaluated prospectively in the Stanley Foundation Bipolar Treatment Outcome Network.Am J Psychiatry. 2010; 167: 708-715
- Identification of postpartum depression.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 52: 456-468
- Post-partum psychoses. Clinical diagnoses and relative risk of admission after parturition.Br J Psychiatry. 1998; 172: 521-526
- A different depression: clinical distinctions between bipolar and unipolar depression.J Affect Disord. 2005; 84: 117-125
- Screening for bipolar spectrum disorders: a comprehensive meta-analysis of accuracy studies.J Affect Disord. 2015; 172: 337-346
- Development and validation of a screening instrument for bipolar spectrum disorder: the Mood Disorder Questionnaire.Am J Psychiatry. 2000; 157: 1873-1875
- The validity of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire for screening bipolar disorder: a meta-analysis.Depress Anxiety. 2015; 32: 527-538
- The influence of current mood states on screening accuracy of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire.Clin Psychopharmacol Neurosci. 2020; 18: 25-31
- Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing Translational Research Informatics Support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
The Mood Disorder Questionnaire (MDQ) - overview. Available at: https://ibpf.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/MDQ.pdf. Accessed June 12, 2022.
- Screening for postpartum bipolar disorder: validation of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire.J Affect Disord. 2011; 131: 408-411
- Sensitivity and specificity of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire as a screening tool for bipolar disorder during pregnancy and the postpartum period.J Clin Psychiatry. 2012; 73: 1456-1461
- Reliability of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire: comparison with the structured clinical interview for the DSM-IV-TR in a population sample.Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2009; 43: 526-530
- The Mood Disorder Questionnaire.Occup Med (Lond). 2017; 67: 165-166
- Screening for bipolar disorder.Am J Manag Care. 2007; 13: S164-S169
- Misdiagnosis of bipolar disorder.Psychiatry (Edgmont). 2006; 3: 57-63
- Screening for bipolar disorder during pregnancy.Arch Womens Ment Health. 2015; 18: 579-583
- Does screening with the MDQ and EPDS improve identification of bipolar disorder in an obstetrical sample?.Depress Anxiety. 2015; 32: 518-526
- Sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values: foundations, pliabilities, and pitfalls in research and practice.Front Public Health. 2017; 5: 307
- Validity of the whiplashed as a tool to identify bipolar disorder in women.J Affect Disord. 2019; 246: 69-73
- Validity of the assessment of bipolar spectrum disorders in the WHO CIDI 3.0.J Affect Disord. 2006; 96: 259-269
C.T.C. provides advisory services for Seven Starling. The remaining authors report no conflict of interest.
This study received funding from the Friends of Prentice Special Projects Initiative (2017).
Cite this article as: Millan DM, Clark CT, Sakowicz A, et al. Optimization of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire in identification of perinatal bipolar disorder. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.