STUDY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Vaginal delivery can be considered in monochorionic diamniotic twins.BJOG. 2006; 113: 602-604
- Adverse perinatal outcomes related to the delivery mode in women with monochorionic diamniotic twin pregnancies.J Perinat Med. 2014; 42: 769-775
- Twin births: cesarean section or vaginal delivery?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012; 91: 463-469
- Birth order of twins and risk of perinatal death related to delivery in England, Northern Ireland, and Wales, 1994-2003: retrospective cohort study.BMJ. 2007; 334: 576
- Mode of delivery and the risk of delivery-related perinatal death among twins at term: a retrospective cohort study of 8073 births.BJOG. 2005; 112: 1139-1144
- Delivery of monochorionic twins: lessons learned from the Twin Birth Study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 223 (e1–9): 916
- Acute peripartum twin-twin transfusion syndrome: incidence, risk factors, placental characteristics and neonatal outcome.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2014; 40: 18-24
- Hematological disorders at birth in complicated monochorionic twins.Expert Rev Hematol. 2017; 10: 525-532
- A randomized trial of planned cesarean or vaginal delivery for twin pregnancy.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1295-1305
- Mode of delivery in monochorionic compared with dichorionic twin pregnancies.Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 138: 348-352
- Association of prelabor cesarean delivery with reduced mortality in twins born near term.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 103-110
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.PLoS Med. 2021; 18e1003583
- Robins-I: a tool for assessing risk of bias in non-randomised studies of interventions.BMJ. 2016; 355: i4919
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Republic of Austria2022
- Introduction to meta-analysis.(editor) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland2009
- Seriously misleading results using inverse of Freeman-Tukey double arcsine transformation in meta-analysis of single proportions.Res Synth Methods. 2019; 10: 476-483
- Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test.BMJ. 1997; 315: 629-634
- A modified test for small-study effects in meta-analyses of controlled trials with binary endpoints.Stat Med. 2006; 25: 3443-3457
- Recommendations for examining and interpreting funnel plot asymmetry in meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials.BMJ. 2011; 343: d4002
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses.BMJ. 2003; 327: 557-560
- A basic introduction to fixed-effect and random-effects models for meta-analysis.Res Synth Methods. 2010; 1: 97-111
- Mode of delivery, perinatal outcome and neurodevelopment in uncomplicated monochorionic diamniotic twins: a single-center retrospective cohort study.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2022; 22: 89
- Mode of birth in monochorionic versus dichorionic twin pregnancies: a retrospective study from a large tertiary centre in Germany.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2022; 22: 214
- Perinatal outcome of dichorionic and monochorionic-diamniotic Finnish twins: a historical cohort study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2022; 101: 153-162
- Labor induction in twin pregnancies: does the perinatal outcome differ according to chorionicity?.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2022; 306: 93-100
- Perinatal outcome after planned vaginal delivery in monochorionic compared with dichorionic twin pregnancy.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 57: 592-599
- Delivery of twin gestation (≥ 32.0 weeks): the vaginal route as a practicable and safe alternative to Cesarean section.Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd. 2020; 80: 1033-1040
- Term twin birth - impact of mode of delivery on outcome.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017; 96: 589-596
- Intrapartum management of twin pregnancies: are uncomplicated monochorionic pregnancies more at risk of complications than dichorionic pregnancies?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2015; 94: 301-307
- Effect of mode of delivery on neonatal outcome of monochorionic diamniotic twin pregnancies: a retrospective cohort study.J Reprod Med. 2013; 58: 15-18
- Mode of delivery and neonatal outcome in uncomplicated monochorionic twin pregnancies.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 2721-2724
- Optimum timing for planned delivery of uncomplicated monochorionic and dichorionic twin pregnancies.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 50-59
- Perinatal mortality and mode of delivery in monochorionic diamniotic twin pregnancies ≥ 32 weeks of gestation: a multicentre retrospective cohort study.BJOG. 2011; 118: 1090-1097
- Persistance of adverse obstetric and neonatal outcomes in monochorionic twins after exclusion of disorders unique to monochorionic placentation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1670-1675
- Acute twin-twin transfusion syndrome in labor: pathophysiology and associated factors.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 456-460
- Neonatal death and morbidity in vertex-nonvertex second twins according to mode of delivery and birth weight.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 840-847
The authors report no conflict of interest.
No financial support was received for this study.
This study was registered on the International Prospective Register of Systematic Reviews (date and registration: May 10, 2022; CRD42022324573).
This meta-analysis is exempt from ethical approval because it only involved anonymous data that had already been published.
All data were extracted from previously published studies, thus they are publicly available.