Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- ART in Europe, 2014: results generated from European registries by ESHRE: the European IVF-Monitoring Consortium (EIM) for the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).Hum Reprod. 2018; 33: 1586-1601
- Fresh versus elective frozen embryo transfer in IVF/ICSI cycles: a systematic review and meta-analysis of reproductive outcomes.Hum Reprod Update. 2019; 25: 2-14
- Is frozen embryo transfer better for mothers and babies? Can cumulative meta-analysis provide a definitive answer?.Hum Reprod Update. 2018; 24: 35-58
- Pregnancy-related complications and perinatal outcomes resulting from transfer of cryopreserved versus fresh embryos in vitro fertilization: a meta-analysis.Fertil Steril. 2018; 109 (e9): 330-342
- Frozen embryo transfer: a review on the optimal endometrial preparation and timing.Hum Reprod. 2017; 32: 2234-2242
- Cycle regimens for frozen-thawed embryo transfer.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 7CD003414
- Increased preeclampsia risk and reduced aortic compliance with in vitro fertilization cycles in the absence of a corpus luteum.Hypertension. 2019; 73: 640-649
- Neonatal and maternal outcome after frozen embryo transfer: increased risks in programmed cycles.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221 (e1–18): 126
- Increased risk of maternal and neonatal complications in hormone replacement therapy cycles in frozen embryo transfer.Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2020; 18: 36
- Clinical risk factors for pre-eclampsia determined in early pregnancy: systematic review and meta-analysis of large cohort studies.BMJ. 2016; 353: i1753
- Endometrial preparation methods for frozen-thawed embryo transfer are associated with altered risks of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, placenta accreta, and gestational diabetes mellitus.Hum Reprod. 2019; 34: 1567-1575
- Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).Hum Reprod. 2004; 19: 41-47
- American Diabetes Association. 2. Classification and diagnosis of diabetes: standards of medical care in diabetes-2020.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: S14-S31
- International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Groups recommendations on the diagnosis and classification of hyperglycemia in pregnancy: comment to the International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Groups Consensus Panel.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: e97
- [Chinese neonatal birth weight curve for different gestational age].Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2015; 53: 97-103
- The hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: ISSHP classification, diagnosis & management recommendations for international practice.Pregnancy Hypertens. 2018; 13: 291-310
- Which protocol for frozen-thawed embryo transfer is associated with the best outcomes for the mother and baby?.Fertil Steril. 2021; 115: 886-887
- Increased pregnancy complications following frozen-thawed embryo transfer during an artificial cycle.J Assist Reprod Genet. 2019; 36: 925-933
- Increased risk of pre-eclampsia after frozen-thawed embryo transfer in programming cycles.Front Med (Lausanne). 2020; 7: 104
- Pregnancy complications in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.Hum Reprod Update. 2015; 21: 575-592
- Maternal androgen excess reduces placental and fetal weights, increases placental steroidogenesis, and leads to long-term health effects in their female offspring.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 303: E1373-E1385
- Adverse obstetric and perinatal outcomes in 1,136 singleton pregnancies conceived after programmed frozen embryo transfer (FET) compared with natural cycle FET.Fertil Steril. 2021; 115: 947-956
- Proteinuria during pregnancy: definition, pathophysiology, methodology, and clinical significance.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: S819-S834
- The impact of different cycle regimens on birthweight of singletons in frozen-thawed embryo transfer cycles of ovulatory women.Fertil Steril. 2022; 117: 573-582
- Potential influence of the corpus luteum on circulating reproductive and volume regulatory hormones, angiogenic and immunoregulatory factors in pregnant women.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2019; 317: E677-E685
- Absent or excessive corpus luteum number is associated with altered maternal vascular health in early pregnancy.Hypertension. 2019; 73: 680-690
- A longitudinal study of the maternal cardiovascular adaptation to spontaneous and assisted conception pregnancies.Hypertens Pregnancy. 2009; 28: 273-289
- Prediction of preeclampsia-related adverse outcomes With the sFlt-1 (soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase 1)/PlGF (placental growth factor)-ratio in the clinical routine: a real-world study.Hypertension. 2021; 77: 461-471
- Angiogenic markers in pregnancies conceived through in vitro fertilization.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213 (e1–8): 212
- Gestational hypertension and preeclampsia: ACOG Practice Bulletin Summary, Number 222.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 135: 1492-1495
- Cellular and molecular actions displayed by estrone on vascular endothelium.Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011; 339: 136-143
- Integration of endocrine and mechanical signals in the regulation of myometrial functions during pregnancy and labour.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009; 144: S2-10
- From pregnancy to preeclampsia: a key role for estrogens.Endocr Rev. 2017; 38: 123-144
- Endometriosis and risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 134: 527-536
- Decidualization resistance in the origin of preeclampsia.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: S886-S894
- Uterine and circulating natural killer cells and their roles in women with recurrent pregnancy loss, implantation failure and preeclampsia.J Reprod Immunol. 2011; 90: 105-110
The authors consider that F.G., Y.W., and M.T. should be regarded as joint first authors.
This study was funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant number 82001499) and the Guangdong Basic and Applied Basic Research Foundation (grant number 2019A1515110623).
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Gu F, Wu Y, Tan M, et al. Programmed frozen embryo transfer cycle increased risk of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: a multicenter cohort study in ovulatory women. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.