Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- A study of placenta accreta.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1937; 64: 178-199
- Placenta accreta spectrum: a hysterectomy can be prevented in almost 80% of cases using a resective-reconstructive technique.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2022; 35: 275-282
- Conservative management or cesarean hysterectomy for placenta accreta spectrum: the PACCRETA prospective study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226 (.e1–24): 839
- Pathology of the third stage of labor with especial reference to the placental element.Med Rec Ann. 1940; 151: 381-384
- Pathology of the third stage.Principles and Practice of Obstetrics. 9th ed. WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia, PA1947: 708-709
- Conservative treatment of placenta accreta with subsequent normal pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1948; 56: 807
- Placenta accreta. A twenty-year review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1972; 113: 76-82
- Placenta accreta: clinical manifestations and conservative management.N Engl J Med. 1951; 245: 159-165
- Multidisciplinary team learning in the management of the morbidly adherent placenta: outcome improvements over time.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216 (.e1–5): 612
- Conservative approach: intentional retention of the placenta.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2021; 72: 52-66
- Optimal management strategies for placenta accreta.BJOG. 2009; 116: 648-654
- Effect of predelivery diagnosis in 99 consecutive cases of placenta accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 65-69
- Surgical management of placenta accreta: a cohort series and suggested approach.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202 (.e1–9): 38
- Morbidity associated with nonemergent hysterectomy for placenta accreta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202 (.e1–5): 628
- Maternal morbidity in patients with morbidly adherent placenta treated with and without a standardized multidisciplinary approach.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212 (.e1–9): 218
- Safer outcomes for placenta accreta spectrum disorders: a decade of quality improvement.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2022; 157: 130-139
- Maternal outcome after conservative treatment of placenta accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 526-534
- Fertility and pregnancy outcomes following conservative treatment for placenta accreta.Hum Reprod. 2010; 25: 2803-2810
- A multicenter observational survey of management strategies in 442 pregnancies with suspected placenta accreta spectrum.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2021; 100: 12-20
- Placenta accreta spectrum - variations in clinical practice and maternal morbidity between the UK and France: a population-based comparative study.BJOG. 2022; 129: 1676-1685
- Geographic variation in management of patients with placenta accreta spectrum: an international survey of experts (GPASS).Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2022; 158: 129-136
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes following abnormally invasive placenta: a population-based record linkage study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017; 96: 1373-1381
- FIGO consensus guidelines on placenta accreta spectrum disorders: prenatal diagnosis and screening.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2018; 140: 274-280
- Influence of prenatal diagnosis of abnormally invasive placenta on maternal outcome: systematic review and meta-analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 52: 304-309
The World Bank Group. World Bank Open Data. 2022. Available at: https://data.worldbank.org. Accessed February 18, 2022.
Statista, Inc. Degree of urbanization in the United States from 1970 to 2020. 2022. Available at:https://www.statista.com/statistics/269967/urbanization-in-the-united-states/. Accessed February 18, 2022.
Statista, Inc. Total number of births in France from 2004 to 2020. 2022. Available at:https://www.statista.com/statistics/464122/number-births-france/. Accessed March 9, 2022.
March of Dimes. Maternity care deserts Across the U.S. 2020. Available at:https://www.marchofdimes.org/materials/2020-Maternity-Care-Report.pdf. Accessed January 9, 2022.
- Conservative management or cesarean hysterectomy for placenta accreta spectrum? Local resources and organization of care matter.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: 872
- France: health system review. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. Regional Office for Europe.European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies. 2010;
Tikkanen R, Osborn R, Mossialos E, Djordjevic A, Wharton GA. International health care system profiles. 2020. Available at:https://www.commonwealthfund.org/international-health-policy-center/countries/united-states. Accessed March 9, 2022.
- Public Hospitals in the United States.2008: Statistical Brief. vol.95. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US), Rockville (MD)2006 (2008: Statistical Brief)
- With special feature on mortality.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2018
- Severe maternal morbidity among undocumented migrant women in the PreCARE prospective cohort study.BJOG. 2022; 129: 1762-1771
Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission. Access in brief: pregnant women and Medicaid. 2018. Available at:https://www.macpac.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Pregnant-Women-and-Medicaid.pdf. Accessed April 6, 2022.
- Post-ACA, more than one-third of women with prenatal Medicaid remained uninsured before or after pregnancy.Health Aff (Millwood). 2021; 40: 571-578
Kaiser Family Foundation. Medicaid postpartum coverage extension tracker. 2022. Available at:https://www.kff.org/medicaid/issue-brief/medicaid-postpartum-coverage-extension-tracker/. Accessed February 18, 2022.
- Evidence-based guidelines for the management of abnormally invasive placenta: recommendations from the International Society for Abnormally Invasive Placenta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220: 511-526
- Placenta praevia and placenta accreta: diagnosis and management: Green-top Guideline No. 27a.BJOG. 2019; 126: e1-48
- No. 383-screening, diagnosis, and management of placenta accreta spectrum disorders.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2019; 41: 1035-1049
- Obstetric Care Consensus No. 7: placenta accreta spectrum.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: e259-e275
- Postpartum hemorrhage: guidelines for clinical practice from the French College of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians (CNGOF): in collaboration with the French Society of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care (SFAR).Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016; 198: 12-21
Sentilhes L, Vayssière C, Deneux-Tharaux C, et al Amended-November-2015_1.pdf?ext=.pdf. Placenta Accreta. Melbourne, Australia: The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.:https://ranzcog.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Placenta-Accreta.pdf. Updated November 2015. Accessed April 5, 2022.
- Conservative management of morbidly adherent placenta: expert review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 755-760
- Assessing conservative management vs cesarean hysterectomy for placenta accreta spectrum: the importance of comparing data collected at the same study period.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 227: 365-366
- PAMUS: placenta accreta management across the United States.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 761-765
- Management of placenta accreta: a survey of Maternal-Fetal Medicine practitioners.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012; 25: 756-760
- The management of placenta percreta: conservative and operative strategies.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 1632-1638
- Risk of unscheduled delivery in women with placenta accreta according to planned gestational age at delivery.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2021; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Planned versus unplanned delivery for placenta accreta Spectrum.Am J Perinatol. 2022; 39: 252-258
- Lived experiences of patients with placenta accreta spectrum in Utah: a qualitative study of semi-structured interviews.BMJ Open. 2021; 11e052766
- Leaving the placenta in situ in placenta accreta spectrum disorders: a single-center case series.Am J Perinatol. 2022; ([Epub ahead of print])
The authors report no conflict of interest.
No financial support was received for this study.