STUDY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 190: gestational diabetes mellitus.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: e49-e64
- The association between preeclampsia and the severity of gestational diabetes: the impact of glycemic control.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 1655-1660
- The influence of obesity and diabetes on the risk of cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 969-974
- Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 1991-2002
- The risk of stillbirth and infant death stratified by gestational age in women with gestational diabetes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: e1-e7
- Prevalence of gestational diabetes and subsequent type 2 diabetes among U.S. women.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018; 141: 200-208
- Prevalence of obesity and severe obesity among adults: United States, 2017-2018.NCHS Data Brief. 2020; 360: 1-8
- Obesity, obstetric complications and cesarean delivery rate–a population-based screening study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 1091-1097
- The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) Initiative on gestational diabetes mellitus: a pragmatic guide for diagnosis, management, and care.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015; 131: S173-S211
- Gestational diabetes mellitus diagnosed during early pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 182: 346-350
- Period of gestational diabetes mellitus diagnosis and maternal and fetal morbidity.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2005; 84: 622-627
- First-trimester fasting hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomes.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 1639-1643
- Role of first-trimester HbA1c as a predictor of adverse obstetric outcomes in a multiethnic cohort.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 390-397
- The impact of first trimester fasting glucose level on adverse perinatal outcome.J Perinatol. 2018; 38: 451-455
- Early diagnosed gestational diabetes mellitus is associated with adverse pregnancy outcomes: a prospective cohort study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020; 105: dgaa633
- 14. Management of diabetes in pregnancy: standards of medical care in Diabetes-2020.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: S183-S192
- Effect of treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus on pregnancy outcomes.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 2477-2486
- A multicenter, randomized trial of treatment for mild gestational diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 1339-1348
- Davidson KW, Barry MJ, et al. Screening for gestational diabetes: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.JAMA. 2021; 326: 531-538
- Screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in early pregnancy: what is the evidence?.J Clin Med. 2021; 10: 1257
- Perinatal complications of gestational diabetes: the influence of the timing of the diagnosis.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1984; 18: 35-42
- Diet-treated gestational diabetes mellitus: comparison of early vs routine diagnosis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: e1-e6
- Prevalence of early-onset GDM and associated risk factors in a university hospital in Thailand.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2021; 41: 915-919
- Early pregnancy screening for women at high-risk of GDM results in reduced neonatal morbidity and similar maternal outcomes to routine screening.J Pregnancy. 2020; 20209083264
- Prognosis associated with initial care of increased fasting glucose in early pregnancy: a retrospective study.Diabetes Metab. 2021; 47101197
- First trimester gestational diabetes screening - change in incidence and pharmacotherapy need.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015; 109: 135-140
- Gestational diabetes mellitus in early pregnancy: evidence for poor pregnancy outcomes despite treatment.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: 75-81
- Comparison of risk factors and pregnancy outcomes of gestational diabetes mellitus diagnosed during early and late pregnancy.Midwifery. 2018; 66: 64-69
- Early vs. standard screening and treatment of gestational diabetes in high-risk women - an attempt to determine relative advantages and disadvantages.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2019; 29: 598-603
Higgins JPT, Thomas J, Chandler J, Cumpston M, Li T, Page MJ, Welch VA (editors). Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.3 (updated February 2022). Cochrane, 2022. Available from www.training.cochrane.org/handbook. Accessed May 15, 2022.
- PRISMA Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006-1012
- RoB 2: a revised tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.BMJ. 2019; 366: l4898
- Early screening and treatment of women with prediabetes: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Perinatol. 2016; 33: 172-179
- Prediabetes in pregnancy, can early intervention improve outcomes? A feasibility study for a parallel randomised clinical trial.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e018493
- The treatment of booking gestational diabetes mellitus (TOBOGM) pilot randomised controlled trial.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2018; 18: 151
- Lifestyle intervention in Danish obese pregnant women with early gestational diabetes mellitus according to WHO 2013 criteria does not change pregnancy outcomes: results from the LiP (lifestyle in pregnancy) study.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: 2079-2085
- Treating hyperglycemia in early pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2019; 1: 33-41
- Early gestational diabetes screening in obese women: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: e1-e8
- Randomization of early diabetes screening among obese pregnant women (REDSOAP study).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: S42
- Early gestational diabetes screening in women at risk for gestational diabetes: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226: S41
- The LiP (Lifestyle in Pregnancy) study: a randomized controlled trial of lifestyle intervention in 360 obese pregnant women.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 2502-2507
Nankervis A, McIntyre HD, Moses R, et al. ADIPS consensus guidelines for the testing and diagnosis of gestational diabetes mellitus in Australia and New Zealand. 2014. Available at: http://adips.org/downloads/2014ADIPSGDMGuidelinesV18.11.2014_000.pdf. Accessed January 28, 2022.
- High maternal triglyceride levels mediate the association between pre-pregnancy overweight/obesity and macrosomia among singleton term non-diabetic pregnancies: a prospective cohort study in central China.Nutrients. 2022; 14: 2075
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study received no financial support.
This study has been registered in the International Prospective Register of Systematic Reviews (registration number CRD42021290052) on December 18, 2021.