Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Recent trends in placenta accreta in the United States and its impact on maternal-fetal morbidity and healthcare-associated costs, 1998–2011.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2016; 29: 1077-1082
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Society for Maternal–Fetal Medicine, Cahill AG, et al. Placenta accreta spectrum.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 219: B2-16
- A comparison of recent guidelines in the diagnosis and management of placenta accreta spectrum disorders.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2021; 72: 102-116
- Maternal and neonatal outcomes in planned versus emergency cesarean delivery for placenta accreta spectrum: a multinational database study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2021; 100: 41-49
- Maternal outcomes in unexpected placenta accreta spectrum disorders: single-center experience with a multidisciplinary team.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 221: 337.e1-337.e5
- Outcomes of planned compared with urgent deliveries using a multidisciplinary team approach for morbidly adherent placenta.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 234-241
- Center of excellence for placenta accreta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 561-568
- The role of centers of excellence with multidisciplinary teams in the management of abnormal invasive placenta.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 61: 841-850
- Placenta accreta spectrum.NeoReviews. 2021; 22: e722-e733
- Maternal morbidity in patients with morbidly adherent placenta treated with and without a standardized multidisciplinary approach.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 218.e1-218.e9
- Placenta accreta spectrum disorder: updates on anesthetic and surgical management strategies.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2021; 46102975
- Risk factors for unscheduled delivery in patients with placenta accreta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 241.e1-241.e6
- Effectiveness of timing strategies for delivery of individuals with placenta previa and accreta.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 835-842
- Characteristics of individuals with placenta previa and results of “expectant management.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1978; 132: 180-191
- Placenta previa: aggressive expectant management.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1984; 150: 15-22
- The Society for Pediatric Pathology Task Force grading system for placenta accreta spectrum and its correlation with clinical outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 226 (720.e1–6)
- FIGO Placenta Accreta Diagnosis and Management Expert Consensus Panel. FIGO consensus guidelines on placenta accreta spectrum disorders: nonconservative surgical management.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2018; 140: 281-290
- Patient selection for later delivery timing with suspected previa-accreta.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017; 96: 1021-1028
- Placenta previa, placenta accreta, and vasa previa.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 927-941
- The diagnosis and management of morbidly adherent placenta.Semin Perinatol. 2018; 42: 49-58
- Timing of surgery for placenta previa with suspected abnormally invasive placentation: a test of team competency?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017; 96: 1029
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Placenta praevia and placenta accreta: diagnosis and management: Green-top Guideline No. 27a.BJOG. 2019; 126: e1-48
- Evidence-based guidelines for the management of abnormally invasive placenta: recommendations from the International Society for Abnormally Invasive Placenta.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 220: 511-526
- 383-screening, diagnosis, and management of placenta accreta spectrum disorders.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2019; 41: 1035-1049
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. guidelines for placenta accreta. Available at:https://ranzcog.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Placenta-Accreta.pdf.
- Diagnosis of placenta accreta spectrum in high-risk women using ultrasonography or magnetic resonance imaging: systematic review to compare accuracy of tests.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 59: 428-436
- Effectiveness of ultrasound screening for a placenta accreta spectrum using standard ultrasound criteria in a secondary care setting.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2022; 49: 52-59
The authors report no conflict of interest.
No funding was received for this work.
Cite this article as: Salmanian B, Einerson BD, Carusi DA, et al. Timing of delivery for placenta accreta spectrum: the Pan-American Society for the Placenta Accreta Spectrum experience. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.