Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Safe prevention of the primary cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 179-193
- The graphic analysis of labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1954; 68: 1568-1575
- Contemporary patterns of spontaneous labor with normal neonatal outcomes.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1281-1287
- Assessing cephalopelvic disproportion: back to the basics.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2010; 65: 387-395
- Evolution of the human pelvis and obstructed labor: new explanations of an old obstetrical dilemma.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 3-16
- Refining the clinical definition of active phase arrest of dilation in nulliparous women to consider degree of cervical dilation as well as duration of arrest.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 225 (294.e1–14)
- Sonographic large fetal head circumference and risk of cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 218 (339.e1–7)
- Prediction of cesarean delivery using the fetal-pelvic index.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209 (431.e1–8)
- A large head circumference is more strongly associated with unplanned cesarean or instrumental delivery and neonatal complications than high birthweight.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213 (833.e1–12)
- Pelvimetry in nulliparous and primiparous women using 3 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging.Neurourol Urodyn. 2018; 37: 1950-1956
- Radiographic measures of the mid pelvis to predict cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 208 (460.e1–6)
- Measurement of obstetric conjugate by ultrasonic tomography and its significance.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 180: 159-162
- Antepartum evaluation of the obstetric conjugate at transabdominal 2D ultrasound: a feasibility study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2021; 100: 1917-1923
- ISUOG Practice Guidelines: ultrasound assessment of fetal biometry and growth.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 53: 715-723
- The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Lancet. 2007; 370: 1453-1457
- Pelvimetry for fetal cephalic presentations at or near term for deciding on mode of delivery.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 3CD000161
- Prediction of fetal macrosomia using two-dimensional and three-dimensional ultrasound.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019; 243: 26-31
- Identification of large-for-gestational age fetuses using antenatal customized fetal growth charts: can we improve the prediction of abnormal labor course?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2020; 248: 81-88
- The pelvic outlet. A comparison between clinical evaluation and radiologic pelvimetry.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1986; 65: 321-326
- Pubic arch angle in prolonged second stage of labor: clinical significance.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 41: 442-446
- Correlation between subpubic arch angle and mode of delivery in large-for-gestational-age fetuses.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2018; 44: 221-227
- Pelvimetry in obstetrics.Postgrad Med J. 1949; 25: 310-318
- The fetal-pelvic index as an indicator of fetal-pelvic disproportion: a preliminary report.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 155: 608-613
- Anthropometric measurements as predictors of cephalopelvic disproportion: can the diagnostic accuracy be improved?.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012; 91: 122-127
- The diagnostic accuracy of external pelvimetry and maternal height to predict dystocia in nulliparous women: a study in Cameroon.BJOG. 2007; 114: 630-635
- Prediction of cesarean delivery in the term nulliparous woman: results from the prospective, multicenter Genesis study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216 (598.e1–11)
- Induction of labour versus expectant management for large-for-date fetuses: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2600-2605
E.D.P. and G.M. share first authorship.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The study did not receive any financial support.
Cite this article as: Di Pasquo E, Morganelli G, Volpe N, et al. The sonographic measurement of the ratio between the fetal head circumference and the obstetrical conjugate is accurate in predicting the risk of labor arrest: results from a multicenter prospective study. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.