Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Clinical updates in women's health care summary: liver disease: reproductive considerations.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: 236
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.World J Gastroenterol. 2009; 15: 2049-2066
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: review of six national and regional guidelines.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2018; 231: 180-187
- Trends in stillbirth by gestational age in the United States, 2006-2012.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 1146-1150
- The risk of infant and fetal death by each additional week of expectant management in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy by gestational age.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 667.e1-667.e5
- Liver disease in pregnancy.Lancet. 2010; 375: 594-605
- Grading of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2004; 39: 14-17
- Pregnancy and bile acid disorders.Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017; 313: G1-G6
- New insights on intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Clin Liver Dis. 2016; 20: 177-189
- Prevalence of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy in Chile.Ann Intern Med. 1978; 88: 487-493
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2007; 2: 26
- Predictors of adverse neonatal outcomes in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 570.e1-570.e8
- Adverse neonatal outcomes associated with early-term birth.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 1053-1059
- Risk factors for adverse fetal outcomes among women with early- versus late-onset intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015; 128: 236-240
- Analysis of clinical characteristics and perinatal outcome of early-onset intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi. 2013; 48: 20-24
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: relationships between bile acid levels and fetal complication rates.Hepatology. 2004; 40: 467-474
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: maternal and fetal outcomes associated with elevated bile acid levels.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 212: 100.e1-100.e7
- Association of adverse perinatal outcomes of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy with biochemical markers: results of aggregate and individual patient data meta-analyses.Lancet. 2019; 393: 899-909
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Consult Series 53: intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: replaces Consult #13, April 2011.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 224: B2-B9
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy and timing of delivery.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2015; 28: 2254-2258
- Bile acid levels and risk of adverse perinatal outcomes in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy: a meta-analysis.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2017; 43: 1411-1420
- Severe intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy is a risk factor for preeclampsia in singleton and twin pregnancies.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 395.e1-395.e8
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study received no financial support.
The study findings were presented at the 42nd annual meeting of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (abstract number 1098786), held virtually, January 31, 2022 to February 5, 2022.
Cite this article as: Lagon EP, Soffer MD, James KE, et al. Trends in gestational age at delivery for intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy and adoption of society guidelines. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.