Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Rates and success rates of trial of labor after cesarean delivery in the United States, 1990-2009.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 1309-1314
- Births: final data for 2018.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2019; 68: 1-47
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 205 Summary: vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: 393-395
- Maternal complications with vaginal birth after cesarean delivery: a multicenter study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1656-1662
- Maternal morbidity associated with multiple repeat cesarean deliveries.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 1226-1232
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with a trial of labor after prior cesarean delivery.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 2581-2589
- Counseling women with a previous cesarean birth: toward a shared decision-making partnership.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2014; 59: 237-245
- Mode of delivery after a previous cesarean birth, and associated maternal and neonatal morbidity.CMAJ. 2018; 190: E556-E564
- Vaginal birth after cesarean: new insights on maternal and neonatal outcomes.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 1267-1278
- National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference statement: vaginal birth after cesarean: new insights March 8-10, 2010.Semin Perinatol. 2010; 34: 293-307
Common Core State Standards Initiative; 2022. Available from: http://www.corestandards.org/. Accessed 8/25/22.
- An evaluation of the Kessner Adequacy of prenatal Care Index and a proposed adequacy of prenatal care utilization index.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 1414-1420
- Neonatal outcome after trial of labor or elective cesarean section in relation to the indication for the previous cesarean delivery.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013; 92: 1151-1158
- Trial of labor compared to repeat cesarean section in women with no other risk factors than a prior cesarean delivery.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013; 92: 1256-1263
- Delivery for women with a previous cesarean: guidelines for clinical practice from the French College of Gynecologists and Obstetricians (CNGOF).Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013; 170: 25-32
- Early childhood outcomes among infants born by vaginal birth after cesarean and repeat cesarean delivery in the military health system.Mil Med. 2021; 186: 1124-1128
- Planned repeat cesarean section at term and adverse childhood health outcomes: a record-linkage study.PLoS Med. 2016; 13e1001973
- Planned mode of delivery after previous cesarean section and short-term maternal and perinatal outcomes: a population-based record linkage cohort study in Scotland.PLoS Med. 2019; 16e1002913
- The relationship between maternal education and children's academic outcomes: a theoretical framework.J Marriage Fam. 2015; 77: 60-76
- Racial disparity in the success and complications of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 654-658
- Does education level influence the decision to undergo elective repeat caesarean section among women with a previous caesarean section?.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2010; 32: 942-947
WHO Recommendations Non-Clinical Interventions to Reduce Unnecessary Caesarean Sections. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2018. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532672/. Accessed 8/25/22
Barth Cottrell EK, Wasson N, Wagner J, et al. Vaginal Birth After Cesarean: Developing and Prioritizing a Future Research Agenda [Internet]. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2012 May. (Future Research Needs Papers, No. 15.) Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK196169/. Accessed 8/25/22.
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Reduce Cesarean births among low-risk women with no prior births- MICH-06. [Internet]. Healthy People 2030. US Department of Health and Human Services. Available from: https://health.gov/healthypeople/objectives-and-data/browse-objectives/pregnancy-and-childbirth/reduce-cesarean-births-among-low-risk-women-no-prior-births-mich-06. Accessed 8/25/22
- Development of a nomogram for prediction of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 806-812
- Simple, validated vaginal birth after cesarean delivery prediction model for use at the time of admission.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 571-578
- Vaginal birth after cesarean delivery: an admission scoring system.Obstet Gynecol. 1997; 90: 907-910
Early Warning! Why Reading by the End of Third Grade Matters [Internet]. Annie E Casey Foundation. 2010. Available from: https://ed.psu.edu/sites/default/files/inline-files/Anne%;20E%20Casey%202010%20Early%20Warning%20Special_Report_Executive_Summary.pdf. Accessed 8/25/22
- The reliability and validity of birth certificates.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2006; 35: 3-12
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data presented here were funded with generous support from the Hassenfeld Child Health Innovation Institute of Brown University.
Cite this article as: Gimovsky AC, Schlichting LE, White J, et al. Early childhood educational outcomes of children associated with vaginal birth after cesarean delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.