Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Ovarian cancer.2020 (Available at:)Accessed January 20, 2021)
- The origin and pathogenesis of epithelial ovarian cancer: a proposed unifying theory.Am J Surg Pathol. 2010; 34: 433-443
- The role of the fallopian tube in the origin of ovarian cancer.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209: 409-414
- Intercepting pelvic cancer in the distal fallopian tube: theories and realities.Mol Oncol. 2009; 3: 165-170
- Intraepithelial carcinoma of the fimbria and pelvic serous carcinoma: evidence for a causal relationship.Am J Surg Pathol. 2007; 31: 161-169
- The evolution of and evidence for opportunistic salpingectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 814-824
Society of Gynecologic Oncology. SGO Clinical Practice Statement: salpingectomy for ovarian cancer prevention. 2013. Available at:https://www.sgo.org/resources/sgo-clinical-practice-statement-salpingectomy-for-ovarian-cancer-prevention/. Accessed July 20, 2021.
- ACOG Committee Opinion No. 774: opportunistic salpingectomy as a strategy for epithelial ovarian cancer prevention.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e279-e284
- Feasibility of complete salpingectomy compared with standard postpartum tubal ligation at cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 20-27
- Opportunistic salpingectomy techniques at the time of cesarean delivery: a retrospective cohort study.J Clin Gynecol Obstet. 2019; 8: 70-76
- Postpartum permanent sterilization: could bilateral salpingectomy replace bilateral tubal ligation?.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2016; 23: 928-932
- Salpingectomy at the time of cesarean delivery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 135: 550-557
- A low-cost approach to salpingectomy at cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222 (503.e1–3)
- Technique for bilateral salpingectomy at the time of cesarean delivery: a case series.Contraception. 2017; 95: 509-511
- Total bilateral salpingectomy versus partial bilateral salpingectomy for permanent sterilization during cesarean delivery.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2017; 295: 1185-1189
- Ovarian reserve following cesarean section with salpingectomy vs tubal ligation: a randomized trial.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217 (472.e1–6)
- Successful completion of total and partial salpingectomy at the time of cesarean delivery.Contraception. 2018; 98: 232-236
- Salpingectomy for tubal sterilization at cesarean section: no extra time and no extra bleeding compared with tubal ligation.Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 44: 879-881
The authors report no conflict of interest.
No financial support was received for this research.
This manuscript was presented as a poster at the 41st annual meeting of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, held virtually, January 25–30, 2021.
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03788421.
Cite this article as: Lauterbach R, Gruenwald O, Matanes E, et al. A randomized controlled trial of 2 techniques of salpingectomy during cesarean delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2022;XX:x.ex–x.ex.