Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Facility-based identification of women with severe maternal morbidity: it is time to start.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 123: 978-981
- The epidemiology of postpartum hemorrhage in a large, nationwide sample of deliveries.Anesth Analg. 2010; 110: 1368-1373
- Severe maternal morbidity and near miss due to postpartum hemorrhage in a national multicenter surveillance study.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015; 128: 131-136
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Severe maternal morbidity in the United States. 2020. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/severematernalmorbidity.html. Accessed April 1, 2020.
- Trends in postpartum hemorrhage in the United States from 2010 to 2014.Anesth Analg. 2020; 130: e119-e122
- A global view of severe maternal morbidity: moving beyond maternal mortality.Reprod Health. 2018; 15: 98
- Obstetric care Consensus No. 5: severe maternal morbidity: screening and review.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: e54-e60
- Preventability of severe acute maternal morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210 (557.e1–6)
- A descriptive model of preventability in maternal morbidity and mortality.J Perinatol. 2006; 26: 79-84
- Reliability of a preventability model in maternal death and morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 196 (57.e1–6)
- Opportunities for improvement in care among women with severe maternal morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215 (509.e1–6)
- Reducing maternal deaths through state maternal mortality review.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2012; 21: 905-909
Gabel K, Lydon A, Main EK, CMQCC. Obstetric hemorrhage tool kit: risk factor assessment. California Department of Health. Version 2.0; 2015.
- Hemorrhage risk assessment on admission: utility for prediction of maternal morbidity.Am J Perinatol. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Improving maternal safety at scale with the mentor model of collaborative improvement.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2018; 44: 250-259
- Validation of postpartum hemorrhage admission risk factor stratification in a large obstetrics population.Am J Perinatol. 2020; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Practice Bulletin No. 183: postpartum hemorrhage.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: e168-e186
- Measuring severe maternal morbidity: validation of potential measures.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214 (643.e1–10)
- Identification of severe maternal morbidity during delivery hospitalizations, United States, 1991-2003.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199 (133.e1–8)
- Severe maternal morbidity among delivery and postpartum hospitalizations in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1029-1036
- Severe obstetric morbidity in the United States: 1998-2005.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 293-299
- Stata statistical software: release 16.StataCorp LLC, College Station, TX2019
- Evaluation of risk-assessment tools for severe postpartum hemorrhage in women undergoing cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 134: 1308-1316
- A scoring system identified near-miss maternal morbidity during pregnancy.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 716-720
- Population-attributable fraction of risk factors for severe maternal morbidity.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2020; 2100066
- Validation of a scoring system to identify women with near-miss maternal morbidity.Am J Perinatol. 2013; 30: 21-24
- Confirmed severe maternal morbidity is associated with high rate of preterm delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215 (233.e1–7)
- Pregnancy mortality surveillance system.2020 (Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternal-mortality/pregnancy-mortality-surveillance-system.htmDate accessed: January 4, 2020
- Validation of criteria to identify severe maternal morbidity.Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2020; 34: 408-415
- 816 Comparative analysis of obstetric hemorrhage risk prediction tools.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 224: S508
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study received no financial support.
Cite this article as: Phillips JM, Hacker F, Lemon L, et al. Correlation between hemorrhage risk prediction score and severe maternal morbidity. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2021;XX:x.ex–x.ex.