Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- External cephalic version: ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 221.Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 135: e203-e212
- External cephalic version for breech presentation at term.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; CD000083
- Prediction models for successful external cephalic version: a systematic review.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015; 195: 160-167
- Predictors of cephalic vaginal delivery following external cephalic version: an eight-year single-centre study of 447 cases.Obstet Gynecol Int. 2017; 20173028398
- Predictors of successful external cephalic version in an Australian maternity hospital.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2014; 54: 59-63
- External cephalic version at term: a cohort study of 18 years’ experience.BJOG. 2019; 126: 493-499
- Prediction model of success for external cephalic version. Complications and perinatal outcomes after a successful version.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2020; 46: 2002-2009
- External cephalic version for breech presentation at term: predictors of success, and impact on the rate of caesarean section.East Mediterr Health J. 2013; 19: 162-166
- Predictors for a successful external cephalic version: a single centre experience.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2016; 293: 749-755
- Prediction of successful vaginal delivery in women undergoing external cephalic version at term for breech presentation.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2004; 116: 39-42
- External cephalic version: predictors of success.Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 94: 783-786
- A prospective study of the factors associated with the success rate of external cephalic version for breech presentation at term.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2011; 112: 48-51
- Prediction of success in external cephalic version for breech presentation at term.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: 857-866
- Prediction of success of external cephalic version after 36 weeks.Am J Perinatol. 2011; 28: 103-110
- Clinical factors to predict the outcome of external cephalic version: a metaanalysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199 (630.e1–7)
- Maternal and fetal factors affecting success of antepartum external cephalic version.Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 70: 722-725
- Early External Cephalic Version Trial Collaborators Group. Factors associated with a successful external cephalic version in the early ECV trial.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2008; 30: 23-28
- Predictors of a successful external cephalic version: a population-based study of Washington state births.Women Birth. 2019; 32: e421-e426
- The relationship between amniotic fluid index and successful external cephalic version: a 14-year experience.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 751-754
- Ultrasound factors to predict the outcome of external cephalic version: a meta-analysis.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 33: 76-84
- External validation of a prediction model for successful external cephalic version.Am J Perinatol. 2012; 29: 231-236
- Predictors of successful external cephalic version at term: a prospective study.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1997; 104: 798-802
- Development and internal validation of a clinical prediction model for external cephalic version.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2018; 228: 137-142
- Predicting success of external cephalic version.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 169: 245-249
- External cephalic version–related risks: a meta-analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 1143-1151
- The complications of external cephalic version: results from 805 consecutive attempts.BJOG. 2007; 114: 636-638
- Complications of external cephalic version: a retrospective analysis of 1121 patients at a tertiary hospital in Sydney.BJOG. 2017; 124: 767-772
- An observational study of the success and complications of 2546 external cephalic versions in low-risk pregnant women performed by trained midwives.BJOG. 2016; 123: 415-423
- Fetomaternal hemorrhage during external cephalic version.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 79-84
- Lessons learned from a single institution's retrospective analysis of emergent cesarean delivery following external cephalic version with and without neuraxial anesthesia.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2017; 31: 57-62
- Predictors of shoulder dystocia at the time of operative vaginal delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215 (624.e1–5)
- Estimation of birth weight by two-dimensional ultrasonography: a critical appraisal of its accuracy.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 57-65
- Association Between attempted external cephalic version and perinatal morbidity and mortality.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: 365-370
- Effect of regional anesthesia on the success rate of external cephalic version: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 1137-1144
- Neuraxial analgesia to increase the success rate of external cephalic version: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 215: 276-286
- The effect of transient fetal bradycardia and other heart rate changes during and after external cephalic version on perinatal outcomes.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2020; 245: 39-44
- External cephalic version: a safe procedure? A systematic review of version-related risks.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004; 83: 511-518
The authors report no conflict of interest.
The research reported in this article was funded, in part, by grant number UL1TR001422 from the National Institutes of Health's National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences .
The contents of this article are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
The data were obtained through the Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Cite this article as: Dahl CM, Zhang Y, Ong JX, et al. Patient characteristics associated with complications of external cephalic version. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2021;XX:x.ex–x.ex.