Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Why housing?.AIDS Behav. 2007; 11: 1-6
- How stable is stable? Defining and measuring housing stability.J Community Psychol. 2014; 42: 964-979
- A conceptual framework for action on the social determinants of health.2010 (Available at)Accessed October 1, 2020)
- Behavioral and clinical characteristics of persons receiving medical care for HIV infection—Medical Monitoring Project, United States, 2009.MMWR Suppl. 2014; 63: 1-22
- Housing need, housing assistance, and connection to HIV medical care.AIDS Behav. 2007; 11: 101-115
- Housing status, medical care, and health outcomes among people living With HIV/AIDS: a systematic review.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: e1-e23
- The effect of unstable housing on HIV treatment biomarkers: an instrumental variables approach.Soc Sci Med. 2018; 214: 70-82
- Maternal levels of plasma human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA and the risk of perinatal transmission. Women and infants Transmission Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 394-402
- Associations between unstable housing, obstetric outcomes, and perinatal health care utilization.Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM. 2019; 1100053
- Improved survival among HIV-infected individuals following initiation of antiretroviral therapy.JAMA. 1998; 279: 450-454
- Reduction of maternal-infant transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 with zidovudine treatment. Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 076 Study Group.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1173-1180
- The effects of housing status on health-related outcomes in people living with HIV: a systematic review of the literature.AIDS Behav. 2007; 11: 85-100
- Degree of housing instability shows independent “dose-response” with virologic suppression rates among people living with human immunodeficiency virus.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2018; 5: ofy035
- For many served by the Ryan White HIV/AIDS program, disparities in viral suppression decreased, 2010-14.Health Aff (Millwood). 2017; 36: 116-123
- About the Ryan White HIV/AIDS program.2020 (Available at:)Accessed September 2, 2020)
- Health behaviors and infant health outcomes in homeless pregnant women in the United States.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 438-446
Health Resources & Service Administration. Ryan White HIV/AIDS program annual client-level data report 2017. Available at:https://hab.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hab/data/datareports/RWHAP-annual-client-level-data-report-2017.pdf. Accessed Sept 1, 2020.
- Committee opinion No. 576: health care for homeless women.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122: 936-940
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Services: eligible individuals &. Allowable uses of funds. Policy clarification notice (PCN) #16. Replaces Policy #10-02. 2018. Available at:https://hab.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hab/Global/service_category_pcn_16-02_final.pdf. Accessed October 7, 2020.
- Housing as a determinant of health equity: a conceptual model.Soc Sci Med. 2019; 243112571
The authors report no conflict of interest.
L.M.Y. was supported by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development grant K12 HD050121-11 at the time of the study.
The conclusions and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Institutes of Health.
These study findings were presented in the form of a poster at the 40th annual pregnancy meeting of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Grapevine, TX, February 3–8, 2020.
Cite this article as: Cassimatis IR, Miller ES, Benes L, et al. Housing instability is associated with failure to achieve virologic control among pregnant individuals with HIV. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2021;XX:x.ex–x.ex.