Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- A comparison of surface acquired uterine electromyography and intrauterine pressure catheter to assess uterine activity.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 412.e1-412.e5
- Non-invasive transabdominal uterine electromyography correlates with the strength of intrauterine pressure and is predictive of labor and delivery.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2004; 15: 297-301
- Monitoring uterine activity during labor: a comparison of 3 methods.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 208: 66.e1-66.e6
- Monitoring contractions in obese parturients: electrohysterography compared with traditional monitoring.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 1136-1140
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1549-1555
- Dystocia and augmentation of labor.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004; 85: 315-324
- Dutch Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.Dutch Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Induction of labor: guideline no. 5. Utrecht, the Netherlands2008
- Fetal health surveillance: antepartum and intrapartum consensus guideline.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2007; 29: S3-S56
- Fetal complications after placement of an intrauterine pressure catheter: a report of two cases and review of the literature.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2008; 21: 880-883
- Major complications associated with intrauterine pressure monitoring.Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 59: 389-391
- Anaphylactoid syndrome of pregnancy immediately after intrauterine pressure catheter placement.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: e8-e9
- Outcomes after internal versus external tocodynamometry for monitoring labor.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 306-313
- Induction of labour: does internal tocography result in better obstetric outcome than external tocography.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 33: 159-161
- Augmentation of labor: does internal tocography result in better obstetric outcome than external tocography?.Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 76: 164-167
- Noninvasive uterine electromyography for prediction of preterm delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: 228.e1-228.e10
- Regulation of activity in uterine smooth muscle.Physiol Rev Suppl. 1962; 42: 213-227
- A study of the parturient uterus with the microelectrode technique.Endocrinology. 1967; 80: 748-753
- Uterine electromyography: a critical review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 169: 1636-1653
- Electromyographic observations on the human uterus during labour.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand Suppl. 1979; 90: 1-61
- Alteration of 24-hour rhythms in myometrial activity in the chronically catheterized pregnant rhesus monkey after a 6-hour shift in the light-dark cycle.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1990; 163: 648-654
- A comparison between electrical uterine monitor, tocodynamometer and intra uterine pressure catheter for uterine activity in labor.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2015; 28: 1367-1374
- Models for longitudinal data: a generalized estimating equation approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44: 1049-1060
- Electrohysterography for uterine monitoring during term labour compared to external tocodynamometry and intra-uterine pressure catheter.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017; 215: 197-205
This abstract was presented as a poster at the 39th annual pregnancy meeting of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Las Vegas, NV, February 11–16, 2019.
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This study received no financial support.
This trial is registered with ClinicalTrials.gov under the unique identifier NCT02993354. Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02993354?term=NCT02993354&recrs=ab&cond=Fetal+Monitoring&cntry=US&state=US%3ANY&rank=1.
Cite this article as: Moni SS, Kirshenbaum R, Comfort L, et al. Noninvasive monitoring of uterine electrical activity among patients with obesity: a new external monitoring device. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2021;XX:x.ex–x.ex.