Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology MFM
- Births: final data for 2013.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2015; 64: 1-65
- Racial and ethnic disparities in severe maternal morbidity: a multistate analysis, 2008–2010.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 210: 435.e1-435.e8
- Epidemiology of maternal morbidity and mortality.Semin Perinatol. 2017; 41: 332-337
- ACOG Committee Opinion No. 649: racial and ethnic disparities in obstetrics and gynecology.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: e130-e134
- Health care disparity and pregnancy-related mortality in the United States, 2005–2014.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 707-712
- Racial and ethnic differences in utilization of labor management strategies intended to reduce cesarean delivery rates.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130: 1285-1294
- Centering and Racial Disparities (CRADLE study): rationale and design of a randomized controlled trial of centering pregnancy and birth outcomes.BMC Preg Childbirth. 2017; 17: 118
- Using a patient navigator to improve postpartum care in an urban Women’S Health Clinic.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: 925-933
- Nonconscious processes and health.Health Psychol. 2013; 32: 460-473
- The role of unconscious bias in surgical safety and outcomes.Surg Clin North Am. 2012; 92: 137-151
- The impact of a standardized disease management program on race/ethnicity and gender disparities in care and mortality.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2010; 21: 264-276
- Variation in labor induction over the days of the week.Am J Perinatol. 2015; 32: 107-112
- Obstetric variation, intervention, and outcomes: doing more but accomplishing less.Birth. 2012; 39: 286-290
- Recent declines in induction of labor.(Available at:)http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db155.htmDate accessed: March 1, 2016
- Augmentation of labor: a review of oxytocin augmentation and active management of labor.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2017; 44: 593-600
- Mechanical and pharmacologic methods of labor induction: A randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: 1357-1364
- Practice Bulletin No. 175: Ultrasound in Pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: e241-e256
- Active management of labor as an alternative to cesarean section for dystocia.Obstet Gynecol. 1984; 63: 485-490
- A controlled trial of a program for the active management of labor.N Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 450-454
- A clinical trial of active management of labor.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 745-750
- Active management of labor.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 363-368
- Reduction in the rate of cesarean birth with active management of labor and intermediate-dose oxytocin.J Reprod Med. 1995; 40: 4-8
- Preventing the first cesarean delivery: summary of a joint Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Workshop.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1181-1193
- Group prenatal care and perinatal outcomes: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 330-339
- Racial and ethnic differences in indication for primary cesarean delivery at term: experience at one U.S. institution.Birth. 2012; 39: 128-134
- Strategies to reduce disparities in maternal morbidity and mortality: patient and provider education.Semin Perinatol. 2017; 41: 323-328
This study was funded in part by a career development award in Women’s Reproductive Health Research (K12-HD001265-15) and a T32 training grant in reproductive epidemiology (T32-HD007440).
The authors report no conflict of interest.
Cite this article as: Hamm RF, Srinivas SK, Levine LD, et al. A standardized labor induction protocol: impact on racial disparities in obstetrical outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2020;2:100148.